When Arjun and Meera told us they were having a Barat parade we were crazy excited. It’s pretty much a fancy street party! Arjun arrived by horse and carriage, and was greeted Bollywood style by his family and friends, who then accompanied him in a street parade, complete with drums and dancing to the door of the Temple.
The wedding ceremony was full of traditions and customs that were so beautiful to photograph. Arjun and Meera decided to combine elements from both Gujarati Hindu and Punjabi Hindu wedding traditions, to reflect both of their heritages.
We are in love with these guys smiles- the best!
As part of the wedding ceremony, Arjun lead Meera in Saptapadi, the first 7 steps they take in their journey of life together and each step signifying their vows to one another:
1. Together we will nourish, honour and respect each other
2. Together we will cherish each other in sickness and in health, in sorrow and happiness, and through life’s trials and triumphs
3. Together we work hard and achieve success by righteous means and diligence
4. Together we will value and respect each other’s feelings and needs
5. Together we will love our children as our parents loved us
6. Together we will aim in this life to grow socially, intellectually and spiritually
7. Together we will live a long, healthy and a happy life filled with love and laughter
That pretty much sums up Day 1! We can’t wait to share with you Day 2 (Their reception and party at the Marriot on the Gold Coast)
Sam from Perfect Media flew up from Sydney to film Arjun and Meera’s wedding. (He is the BOSS of Indian weddings). We had a ball working alongside each other and riding the horses up and down the road waiting for the Barat parade to begin;)
You can check out the preview of Arjun and Meera’s wedding preview he shot below!
Meera and Arjun’s Wedding Trailer from Perfect Media on Vimeo.